Bronchiolitis is a common lung infection in young children and infants. It causes inflammation and congestion in the small airways (bronchioles) of the lung. Bronchiolitis is almost always caused by a virus. Typically, the peak time for bronchiolitis is during the winter months. Bronchiolitis starts out with symptoms similar to those of a common cold
Is condition treatable?
Treatment from homeopathic medical professional advised
Does diagnosis require lab test or imaging?
Rarely requires lab test or imaging
How much time taken for recovery?
Can last several days or weeks
How is condition transmitted?
Transmitted through airborne exposure, saliva, indirect contact
Bronchiolitis Condition Highlight?
Common for ages 5 and younger
Certain types can be dangerous or life threatening if untreated
SYMPTOMS OF BRONCHIOLITIS!
1) A blocked or runny nose
2) A cough
3) A slightly high temperature (Fever)
4) A rasping and persistent dry cough.
5) Rapid or noisy breathing (wheezing)
6) Brief pauses in breathing
7) Feeding less and having fever wet nappies
8) Vomiting after feeding and being irritable.
Infants younger than 3 months of age are at greatest risk of getting bronchiolitis because their lungs and immune systems aren’t yet fully developed.
Other factors that are associated with an increased risk of bronchiolitis in infants, or more severe illness due to bronchiolitis, include:
- Premature birth
- An underlying heart or lung condition
- A depressed immune system
- Exposure to tobacco smoke
- Never having been breast-fed — breast-fed babies receive immune benefits from the mother
- Contact with multiple children, such as in a child care setting
- Living in a crowded environment
- Having siblings who attend school or child care and bring home the infection
MOST USEFUL HOMEOPATHIC REMEDIES FOR BRONCHIOLITIS:
Natural homeopathic medicines serve as a very reliable and safe treatment to get rid of Bronchitis. They are free from any side effects and there is absolutely no chance of suppression in the Homeopathic treatment of Bronchiolitis.
- Bryonia Alba: For Bronchitis with Dry Cough
Bryonia Alba is the top natural medicine for treating Bronchitis, and is mainly used when the cough is dry. Mucus if present is very difficult to cough out and may be rust colored. Bryonia Alba can also prove very useful for treatment of severe chest pains during coughing. The patient usually feels relieved by taking rest and gets worse on motion. The patient may show an increased thirst for large quantities of water.
- Phosphorus: For Bronchitis with Hard and Dry Cough and Chest Pain
Phosphorus is another very beneficial natural medicine for patients of Bronchitis. The patient mainly has a hard and dry cough. The cough is renewed by laughing and talking. Cold air usually worsens the cough. Excessive heat in the chest could be another accompanying symptom. The patient at times complains of tightness, heaviness, and oppression of chest, along with chest pains. The mucus when expectorated may be blood-stained. The patient may also have a craving for cold drinks, ice cream, and juices.
- Antimonium Tart: For Bronchitis with Excessive Mucus
Antimonium Tart is a very effective natural remedy for Bronchitis that is mainly prescribed when the bronchial tubes are overloaded with mucus. The mucus rattles in the chest. The mucus is not coughed out with ease and if it does cough out, the quantity is meager. Antimonium Tart is of great help in emptying the bronchial tubes by aiding the expectoration of the mucus present in bronchial tubes. The respiratory troubles after exposure to damp places frequently call for use of this natural remedy.
- Spongia: For Bronchitis with Dryness of Air Passage and No Mucus
The cases of Bronchitis that can be treated wonderfully with natural medicine Spongia are the ones presenting with dry cough and complete dryness of air passages. There is a total absence of any mucus rales in chest. Mainly warm drinks provide relief to the patient. The patient also at times complains of chest oppression, weakness and difficulty in breathing.
- Ipecac: For Constant Cough with Rattling of Mucus in Chest
Ipecac is the top remedy for Bronchitis with a constant cough and rattling of mucus in the chest. Even constant coughing does not seem to help in expelling the mucus from bronchi. Ipecac helps in expelling the mucus out with the least effort. An important feature for using this medicine in Bronchitis is vomiting with coughing providing some relief to the patient.
- Written and Reviewed by:
- Dr. Aamir Mustafa (Specialist Homeopathic Consultant)
- DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery), BHMS (Peshawar University) Homeopathy Doctor, Lahore • 30 years experience