Rheumatoid Arthritis is an auto-immune disorder that typically strikes hands, feet, and other joints causing severe swelling, inflammation and sometimes deformities. Approximately 1% of the world’s population suffers from it with it being three times more common among women than men. Joint destruction may occur within 1-2 years after the appearance of the disease. As many as 50% of those with Rheumatoid Arthritis are no longer able to work 10-20 years after being diagnosed. Research shows that patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis have twice the risk of heart failure.
What Are The Symptoms Of Rheumatoid Arthritis?
Symptoms of RA may include one or more of the following:
- Painful and swollen joints, especially in your hands, feet and knees
- Difficulty moving joints
- Stiffness and pain in affected joints (especially after sleeping)
- Red, puffy hands
- Hard bumps (called rheumatoid nodules) just under the skin near the joints
- Loss of appetite
How Can I Tell If I Have Rheumatoid Arthritis?
The hands, wrists, feet and knees are usually the first joints affected. RA usually affects several joints at the same time, on both sides of your body. For example, both of your wrists may be painful and stiff. Over time, it may also affect larger joints, such as your jaw, shoulders and hips.
How Is Rheumatoid Arthritis Treated?
- Conventional treatment for rheumatoid arthritis consists of non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS), which risk damaging the stomach lining causing bleeding ulcers, or corticosteroids that cause high blood pressure and bone brittleness amongst other side effects.
- Homeopathy, on the other hand, provides safe and sure solutions. It relieves pain and stiffness as well as strengthens body immunity to dispel the disorder. In a double blind controlled study conducted in Britain, 82% of those receiving homeopathic treatment experienced improvement in Rheumatoid Arthritis versus 21% of the control group given placebos.
Years ago this disease put people in wheelchairs. Today with Homeopathy, rest and exercise, Rheumatoid Arthritis patients may live productive and pain-free lives.
Self Care Measures In Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Regular, gentle exercise can strengthen the muscles around your joints and relieve fatigue. Mild water aerobics or walking are good exercises to start with. Stop if you feel pain in a new joint while exercising. If the pain does not get better, you should call or visit your doctor.
- Losing weight if you are overweight and eating a healthy diet can also help Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- In order to lessen the stress on affected joints, you can use devices to help you do everyday activities. Grabbing tools can help you pick items up. Canes can make walking easier. Ask your doctor about the tools that are available to make your daily life easier.
- To ease pain, you can also apply heat or cold to your painful joints. Heat relaxes tense muscle and cold can numb pain. An easy way to apply heat is to take a 15-minute hot shower or bath. Cold packs or soaking joints in cold water are effective ways to apply cold treatment. However, you should not use these methods if you have poor circulation.
Homeopathic Approach To Rheumatoid Arthritis:
Homeopathy treats the person as a whole. It means that homeopathic treatment focuses on the patient as a person, as well as his pathological condition. The homeopathic medicines are selected after a full individualizing examination and case-analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient, physical and mental constitution etc.
A miasmatic tendency (predisposition/susceptibility) is also often taken into account for the treatment of chronic conditions. The medicines given below indicate the therapeutic affinity but this is not a complete and definite guide to the treatment of this condition. The symptoms listed against each medicine may not be directly related to this disease because in homeopathy general symptoms and constitutional indications are also taken into account for selecting a remedy. To study any of the following remedies in more detail, please visit our Materia Medica section. None of these medicines should be taken without professional advice.
When other systems of medicine fail to work effectively, and if you want to live with natural, safe, gentle, non-toxic, effective and rapid acting medicines, to relieve the symptoms of sexual dysfunction, to experience substantial improvement in your outlook and quality of life consider Homeopathy.
Ground Floor Shop# 52 GF, Divine Center Mega-2,
Opposite Honda Point, New Airport Road, (Ghazi Road)
Bhatta Chowk, Cantt. Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan