CANCER AND HOMEOPATHIC TREATMENT
Cancer is a word that induces not so pleasant and often painful and unwanted thoughts in most of the population. This word sets up an unspoken but invariable association with suffering and is almost synonymous with death. The diagnosis of the condition is met by dread and is often followed by a nightmarish outcome for the patient and the family. After overcoming the initial shock of diagnosis, the patient and his well wishers knock every door to try and treat the condition all in the hopes of being able to arrest the condition and if not to at least avoid the so dreaded end. Before, resorting to any treatment, it is good to know what the science has to offer for it and being able to do so helps make a wise and an informed decision. Also in order to be able to do so one must know what cancer is all about.
WHAT IS CANCER?
The human body is made up of a trillion of cells. Each cell functions in its own unique patterns. Some of these body cells turn abnormal and begin to divide inn an uncontrolled manner and as a result of this they spread in the surrounding tissues. Cell division is a normal process that takes place in the human body, but when this controlled division gets disturbed (turned abnormal) it can give rise to cancer which can affect any part of the body.
Cancer is not just one disease but many diseases. There are more than 100 different types of cancer. Most cancers are named for where they start. For example, lung cancer starts in the lung, and breast cancer starts in the breast. The spread of cancer from one part of the body to another is called metastasis. Symptoms and treatment depend on the cancer type and how advanced it is. Most treatment plans may include surgery, radiation and/or chemotherapy. Some may involve hormone therapy, biologic therapy, or stem cell transplantation.
MAIN TYPES OF CANCER:
WHAT IS THE CAUSE OF THIS DISTURBANCE?
It is generally very difficult to establish a precise cause effect relationship i most cases. Different types of cancer can be caused by various factors. Most of the cancers are related to genetic influences, environmental issues, lifestyle disorders and habit addictions.
- GENETIC FACTORS: Certain type of cancer runs in families due to genetic defects which are passed on from the parent to the child.
- ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Frequent exposure to certain radiations, infections (viruses and bacteria), exposure ad intake of certain chemicals, air pollution etc.
- LIFESTYLE FACTORS: Obesity, lack of exercise, improper or faulty dietary habits.
- HABIT ADDICTIONS: Tobacco chewers and smokers, excessive consumption of alcohol.
All these above mentioned factors can be an occasional or constant factor, but stress due to various causes like unresolved issues, continued grief, emotional disturbances in relation to the above causes is one of the major factors responsible for an increase in the number of cancer cases seen today world wide.
CANCER STAGE GROUPING:
The stage of cancer for each person mostly have four stages: stages I (one) to IV (four). Some cancers also have a stage 0 (zero).
- STAGE 0. This stage describes cancer in situ, which means “in place.” Stage 0 cancers are still located in the place they started and have not spread to nearby tissues. This stage of cancer is often highly curable, usually by removing the entire tumor with surgery.
- STAGE I. This stage is usually a small cancer or tumor that has not grown deeply into nearby tissues. It also has not spread to the lymph nodes or other parts of the body. It is often called early-stage cancer.
- STAGE II and III. These stages indicate larger cancers or tumors that have grown more deeply into nearby tissue. They may have also spread to lymph nodes but not to other parts of the body.
- STAGE IV. This stage means that the cancer has spread to other organs or parts of the body. It may also be called advanced or metastatic cancer.
TREATMENT OPTIONS FOR CANCER:
The major types of cancer treatment includes.
- CHEMOTHERAPY: making use of chemical substances in treatment.
- RADIATION THERAPY: treating diseases especially cancer by using X-rays or similar forms radiation.
- SURGERY: treating the disordered part by cutting or manipulation.
- HORMONE THERAPY: it is often used as an adjutant therapy to prevent recurrence of cancer especially in breast cancer cases.
- STEM CELL TRANSPLANT: it is a medical procedure whereby a diseased bone marrow is replaced by specialized stem cells, which in turn develop in to a healthy bone marrow.
- MEDICATIONS: different forms of medications prescribed as per the case.
In some cases like terminal stage of cancer, people are left with very few treatment options but in most of the cases in the initial stages a combinations of various therapies often holds a key to a very positive response, though the outcome varies in each case. Though the name cancer creates phobia in everyone’s minds. but it is to be understood that it is a disease like any other and needs a systematic treatment.
HOMEOPATHIC APPROACH TO CANCER CASES:
The name cancer creates phobia in everyone’s mind, but in fact cancer is treated just like any other disease.
Being diagnosed with cancer often comes as a death warrant to many. Homeopathy indeed has a very important role to play in cancer. Modern medicines aim at removing the end product of the cancerous process, by surgery or by destroying the cancerous cells through chemotherapy or radiotherapy. Homeopathy aims at treating the whole holistically, it helps stimulate the body cells to self heal themselves thereby helping improve the body’s immunity and defense system.
One of the numerous cases successfully helped by homeopathy was a patient from USA who consulted me for relapsed breast cancer, type HER2 (Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor) positive (this cancer is known for its recurrence and poor prognosis) and was not responding to hormone therapy. She had undergone breast removal surgery but did not consider taking any further therapy so opted for homeopathy as a holistic mode of treatment. She was then con-countering many difficult and unmanageable life situations an adult autistic daughter who was becoming difficult to deal with by the day, managing the big house that she lived in and owned, single hand and a few others. All these gave rise to a constant chaotic feeling in her, making her feel as if she was losing control over the situation. This state is also seen in the cancer pathology where the control mechanism over cell division is lost diving rise to cancer. Taking all the above issues into consideration and the lose of control both physically and mentally, she was prescribed a remedy. She was reviewed after a month’s time; she reported to be calm and cooler as compared to before. The chaotic feeling and anger towards various situations decreased. Her immunity in general increased noted by the amelioration in her tendency for recurring cold and cough, her defense mechanism too improved. Homeopathy helped relieve her by acting on the basic platform on which the disease was based the remedy acting along the lines of “Like curs Like” the founding principle of Homeopathy. She was treated for cancer ad had no further recurrences; this was possible as the remedy chosen for her was known to produce the state of loss of control, emotionally and physically.
Cancer in the first and second stage when treated with combination of homeopathic remedies and pathological medications as well as chemotherapy/radiation reaps very good results. What is more this system also nullifies the side effects of the conventional treatment and helps prevent a recurrence of the disease. Homeopathy when cheerfully complemented with specific conventional options of treatment can treat and be the answer to saving an individual from this fatal condition.
Thus we realize that the heightened myths behind the cancer and its connection with our time on earth, are a saying of the past. Thanks to homeopathy and its holistic approach, many are on a holistic path to recovery and converting an uncertain past into a controllable future!
When other systems of medicine fail to work effectively, and if you want to live with natural, safe, gentle, non-toxic, effective and rapid acting medicines, to relieve the symptoms of sexual dysfunction, to experience substantial improvement in your outlook and quality of life consider Homeopathy.
Ground Floor Shop# 52 GF, Divine Center Mega-2,
Opposite Honda Point, New Airport Road, (Ghazi Road)
Bhatta Chowk, Cantt. Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan